Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 is a comprehensive 3 day course for beginner users of the Adobe Dreamweaver program.
COURSE LENGTH: 3 days
TIME: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Dennis MacPherson
Have you always wanted to build a website but consider yourself a rookie? Not only create a dynamic website, but then integrate it with other web technology including smartphones, tablets or virtually any web technology you can think of?
TECHEAD’s three-day Adobe Dreamweaver ® CS6 is the ideal place to get your feet wet and Dreamweaver is the perfect program to start with. At our Richmond Adobe Training Center we’ll show you how to create websites simply and efficiently. Create lists, code and insert images like a pro. And even insert Flash movies, videos and sound – all to make your website design more robust.
Adobe sets the standard in web design and development tools and Techead creates the standard for excellence in Adobe training!
Prior to class, students should be familliar with their operating system (Windows or Mac). Also, students should be comfortable with using, as well as have some knowledge of, the internet and web browsers. A very basic understanding of HTML or XHTML is a plus.
You’ll Be In Demand When You Learn Adobe Dreamweaver CS6
- Simplify – HTML can be cumbersome. Dreamweaver writes HTML using an easy point and click interface.
- Ease of Management – Managing a large site with many pages can quickly become a mess. Dreamweaver has built-in dependency tracking that will automatically manage your files and will update your pages accordingly.
- Dreamweaver templates – Create professional standards-based websites quickly and easily using the wide assortment of Dreamweaver templates.
- Understanding the course
- Reviewing the course objectives and prerequisites
- Reviewing the course format
- Outlining the course content
- Introducing the Dreamweaver environment
- Understanding browsers
- Creating a new site
- Adding pages
- Working with the Files panel
- Adding text
- Introducing styles
- Creating hyperlinks
- Creating lists
- Inserting images
- Creating CSS rules
- Creating class rules
- Using Dreamweaver’s CSS styles panel
- Introducing div tags and IDs
- Working with external style sheets (.css)
- Introducing the CSS Box Model
- Working with margins, padding, and borders
- Positioning content with AP Divs
- Working with tables
- Importing table data
- Formatting tables in HTML
- Formatting tables in CSS
- Inserting Flash movies
- Adding video
- Inserting sound
- Introducing library items
- Introducing templates
- Building a contact us form
- Working with text fields, checkboxes, and radio buttons
- Working with lists and menus, file upload, and text areas
- Styling forms with CSS
- Introducing the Spry widgets
- Creating a Spry menu bar
- Creating a Spry tabbed panel
- Working with Spry data widgets
Lesson 1: A Tour of Dreamweaver
Lesson 2: Getting Started
Lesson 3: Basic Web Elements
Lesson 4: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
Lesson 5: CSS and the Box Model
Lesson 6: Tables
Lesson 7: Multimedia
Lesson 8: Re-Usable Elements
Lesson 9: Building Web Forms
Lesson 10: Working with the Spry Framework
This training class is designed for:
This course is for people new to web design and development and want to use Dreamweaver CS6 to build intuitive, attractive and accessible web sites.
Your Place or Ours…
Not convenient to visit our Richmond training center? No problem… we’re flexible! Give us a call to discuss an on-site or custom training event for your team or business at 1-877-TECHEAD. We also offer hourly computer training consultation services to help you solve your specific design challenges or our Creative Solutions team can do your Adobe Dreamweaver project for you.
Other TECHEAD Adobe Training Classes
Complete this online registration form to request an Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver® CS6 class.