Apple iBooks Author
Create Amazing Multimedia Textbooks and Publications for the iPad with iBooks Author
COURSE LENGTH: 2 days
TIME: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PRICE: $695 per student
INSTRUCTOR: Sean Cooke
There’s nothing textbook about Apple’s new software program iBooks Author. In fact, textbooks will soon be going the way of the VCR. If you don’t learn how to create iBooks for iPads, you and your tape collection will be in the recycle bin! iBooks is dramatically changing the way people learn, and you’ll be on top of the creative curve with your multi-media textbooks that can even talk!
Dynamic. Current. Engrossing. Interactive. These words describe both this engaging Apple training course and the amazing iBooks Author app itself. By using iBooks Author, your readers will no longer be passive – they’ll be interactive with 3D objects that rotate, images that pop off the screen and quizzes that act as brain teasers.
Jump on the Mac training bandwagon – Apple was named the most valuable company in the universe for a reason. And the iBooks Author app is FREE, so once you become comfortable with the software, you can become a publishing fiend.
You’ll be in demand when you learn iBooks Author!
- No more boring text – add videos, galleries, interactive diagrams and even 3D via Google Sketchup
- Forget about a blank page – use an Apple-designed template or create a lively one of your own
- Make your book magical – with widgets and photo galleries that bring images to life and enable animations to burst off the page
- Create brain teasers – with interactive quizzes that will keep them guessing
- Getting the word out is easy – submit your book directly to the iBookstore for purchase or download. Or share it on iTunes.
- Design your book for the disabled or visually impaired by using Voice Over technology and accessibility descriptions to widgets or media
The 2-day course walks you step-by-step on how to:
- Collect and organize sample content into chapters
- Use an iBooks Author template to format content
- Format text
- Create a Table of Contents, indexes and cross references
- Create interactive links and images
- Add video
- Add 3D interactive content via Google Sketchup (a free app)
- Create interactive quizzes
- Preview your iBooks on iPad
- Publish your iBooks via mail, website and/or iTunes
This training class is designed for:
- Book publishers
- Self-publishing writers
- Marketing professionals who want to add interactivity to their newsletters
- Companies focusing on elearning
- IT professionals creating ebooks
What to bring:
We provide the Mac – you provide the brainpower. If you have an iPad, we highly encourage bringing it to review your work and understand the full end-user experience.
Your place or ours…
Not convenient to visit our Richmond training center? No problem … we’re flexible! Give us a call to discuss an on-site or custom training event for your team or business at 1-877-TECHEAD. We also offer hourly computer training consultation services to help you solve your specific design challenges or our Creative Solutions team can do your iBooks Author publication project for you.
Complete this online registration form to reserve your spot in an upcoming Apple iBooks Author Training class.