Want to know how CSS modifies text, borders, backgrounds, and color? How CSS integrates with HTML and the latest updates to the CSS language?
COURSE LENGTH: 2 days
UPCOMING DATES: TBA
TIME: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Dennis MacPherson
If you’re still designing with tables, our TECHEAD’s 2 day CSS training course is a must! You’ll learn how to make your pages load faster, target media types such as printers and screen readers using CSS2, and get your pages to the top on Google through proper coding.
CSS (Cascading Style Sheets are an alternative to HTML styling tags such as the FONT tag, and muchmore. CSS style sheets allow designers to format and position elements on a page by assigning “rules” to HTML tags. This allows designers to separate the structure of the document from its style. And CSS goes far beyond what HTML is capable of. When browsers fully support CSS2, HTML tables and frames will be history.
Style sheets can act as templates, allowing designers to apply a set of rules simultaneously to any
number of separate web pages. Editing styles on multiple pages is accomplished by editing only the
external style sheet.
CSS is a W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) recommendation. CSS1 is substantially supported by
the 4.0 version browsers and almost fully supported by the latest browser versions. This course gives
students hands-on practical examples in applying CSS to web pages.
TECHEAD’s 2-day HTML course or an intermediate knowledge of HTML.
You will be in demand when you learn CSS!
- Know the benefits. Learn how to create faster loading web pages, file sizes that are smaller, less cluttered web pages (no extraneous HTML code), and even provide information to non-sighted users and voice-browser users.
- Learn the efficiencies and save time. By creating an external style sheet, when you want to change the content, you only have to edit the style sheet … much faster when you have to edit hundreds of pages. We’ll teach you time saving tricks!
- Deliver to your clients faster. CSS will shorten the project development process and eliminate design obstacles that happen when using tables. If you’ll be designing many web sites, you can re-use the same style sheets or just make a few modifications to them.
- Course objectives and prerequisites
- Course content and format
Lesson 1: CSS Basics
- Units of Measure
Lesson 2: Web Page Design
Lesson 3: Intro to CSS3
- Rounded Corners
- Drop Shadow
Your Place or Ours…
Not convenient to visit our Richmond training center? No problem… we’re flexible! Give us a call to discuss an
on-site or custom training event for your team or business at 1-877-TECHEAD. We also offer hourly computer training consultation services to help you solve your specific design challenges or our Creative Solutions team can do your CSS project for you.
Other Techead Web Development Training Classes
Complete this online registration form to request this class