Introduction to Adobe Illustrator CS6
A 1 day introductory class for graphics artists to learn the most common tools and features for creating vector graphics in “Adobe Illustrator”
COURSE LENGTH: 1 day
UPCOMING DATES: TBA
TIME: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Sean Cooke
Ready to unleash your artistic talents? Use crazy effects like liquify, distort, or warp? Make 3D objects out of 2D shapes? With Techead’s hands-on beginning Adobe Illustrator CS6 training class, you’ll learn to easily rescale graphics without sacrificing quality. Take your website or brochure to the next level. And release the inner designer in all of us. Listen, learn and advance your skill set. That’s what Techead IT training is all about.
Adobe Illustrator CS6 software, available for both Mac and Windows®, is a comprehensive vector graphics environment that is tightly integrated with other Adobe Creative Suite® 5 software. Discover the power of editing appearances, work efficiently with new guides and panels, and deliver to developers, to printers, and across applications more easily than ever. Stay ahead of the pace of change with precisely the tools you need for mastering print, web, interactive, motion, and mobile content design.
You’ll Be In Demand When You Learn Adobe Illustrator CS6!
- Deliver brilliantly colored artwork, cartoon drawings and all types of illustrations and graphic material.
- Design complex quality vector graphic images and save them as files into a number of vector graphic programs including Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), Portable Document Format (PDF), Windows Metafile (WMF) Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and Vector Markup language (VML).
- Create various effects, like swooshes, swirls, curls and ribbons and use the 3D Effect tool to create objects, logos, graphs and other pictures that will stand out from the page.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of your computer’s operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CD and other media.
Lesson 1: Getting to know the Work Area
- Using the Illustrator tools
- Using view commands and zoom tool
- Working with palettes
- Using and saving workspaces
- Using Illustrator Help
Lesson 2: Selections and Shapes
- Using the Selection and Direct Selection tools
- Grouping items
- Advanced selection techniques
- Creating basic shapes and using basic shape tools
- Tips for drawing polygons, spirals, and stars
Lesson 3: Transforming Objects
- Scaling, rotating, reflecting, distorting, and shearing objects
- Positioning objects precisely
- Changing perspective
- Using the Free Transform tool
- Making text dynamic
Lesson 4: Drawing with The Pen tool
- Creating straight lines
- Creating curved paths
- Curves and other anchor points
- Splitting a path
- Adding arrowheads
Lesson 5: Coloring and Painting
- Using Live Trace
- Applying Live Paint
- Color fundamentals
- Using Patterns and Brushes
- Experimenting with Lens Flare
Lesson 6: Working with Type
- Importing a text file
- Changing text attributes
- Wrapping text around a graphic
- Creating text on paths and shapes
- Creating text outlines
Lesson 7: Blending Shapes and Colors
- Creating a gradient fill
- Adding colors to a gradient
- Creating smooth-color blends
- Combining blends with gradients
Lesson 8: Printing Artwork
- Halftone screens
- Output device resolution
- About color
- The RGB, CMYK color models
- Spot colors
Your Place or Ours…
Not convenient to visit our Richmond training center? No problem… we’re flexible! Give us a call to discuss an on-site or custom training event for your team or business at 1-877-TECHEAD. We also offer hourly computer training consultation services to help you solve your specific design challenges or our Creative Solutions team can do your Adobe Illustrator project for you.
Other TECHEAD Adobe Training Classes
There are currently no classes scheduled. Complete this online registration form to request an upcoming Introduction to Adobe Illustrator CS6 class.