Proofreading Essentials: For the Non-Proofreader
UPCOMING DATES: TBA
TIME: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
INSTRUCTOR: Jennie Ruby
Live, Online Instructor-Led Training
Often you read something so many times, you can’t catch the mistakes. Other times, you’re not sure about the grammar or punctuation.
Are you an eLearning or design professional who has been asked to do more proofreading and quality control? Or a writer/editor who needs to improve your proofreading skills?
This live, online and instructor-led TECHEAD training class gives you the specific techniques you need to get up to speed. You will learn tried and true methods that professional proofreaders use to quickly locate and correct errors, find errors others might overlook, define your proofreading goals, and reach new standards of professionalism.
You’ll Be In Demand When You Increase Your Proofreading Skills
- Error-free. Want to save yourself the embarrassment of mistakes, grammar errors or punctuation blunders? Learn proofreading from the experts!
- Acquire a skill. In today’s competitive corporate environment, proofreaders and copy editors are sought after for Internet-related ventures, start-up companies, small businesses, and entrepreneurs. Freelance proofreading jobs can also be bountiful. Want to work from home? Proofreading skills can lead to work-from-home possibilities.
- Proficient. Learn how to edit your own work as well as spot mistakes in other’s writing.
- Describe and use a systematic approach to proofreading
- Create a custom checklist to guide your work
- Use a quick technique to check for missing text
- Identify the places errors commonly occur in layouts and in text
- Name problem letter combinations and words vulnerable to typos
- State the importance of keeping a list of common typos in your field
- Identify matters of editorial style and look them up
- Identify common grammar errors and correct or query them
- Understand and use the most common proofreading marks
Who Should Be Here
This TECHEAD training proofread training class is ideal for writers, editors, proofreaders or graphic designers who would like to make their text error free.
Your Place or Ours
Not convenient to visit our Richmond training center? No problem… we’re flexible! Give us a call to discuss an on-site or custom training event for your team or business at 1-877-TECHEAD. We also offer hourly computer training consultation services to help you solve your specific design challenges or our Creative Solutions team can do your project for you.
Other Techead Writing and Grammar Classes
There are currently no scheduled dates for this class. Complete this online form to request a custom class.