Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Prepress Manager / Richmond VA – (JOB-18549). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
TECHEAD is currently looking for a Prepress Manager to join one of a client team in a Direct hire role. The Prepress Manager will utilize prepress software to prepare client-supplied art files for final proofing, platemaking, and production on sheetfed and digital presses in accordance with graphic arts and printing industry standards.
- Read and follow job jacket instructions regarding client and production requirements
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures for prepress workflow
- Preflight supplied customer files for potential printing issues
- Troubleshoot and repair problematic files as needed
- Make changes to supplied art based on internal and external client requests
- Prepare artwork for Offset and Digital print production
- Produce plates as required for print production
- Provide technical support to the pressman as needed
- Daily interaction with the Account Management and Sales to understand client requirements and answer questions as needed
- Perform related duties as assigned Assist Account Management and Sales with client interaction with particular emphasis on color accuracy and to assist the pressroom with press checks as needed.
- Provide input and suggestions to improve current prepress workflow procedures and processes
- High level of accuracy, exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), Pit Stop Pro, Quark, Suitcase Fusion, XMF.
- Operator should be proficient in basic file preparation for the printing processes
- Knowledge of color separations, screens, dot grain and resolution
- Ability to accurately check files for color separations, fonts, images, document size, etc.…
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Up to 5 years of previous prepress experience preferred but not necessary – Recent Graduates encouraged to apply.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.