Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – System Administrator (Hybrid) / Richmond VA – (JOB-18765). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Hybrid: 3 days on-site, 2 days remote
Contract: 6 months (Continuous, long-term contract renewed every 6 months)
Location: Richmond, VA
Experience: 3-5+ years
- Provide Project Coordination and System Administration
- Coordinate project installation activities interacting with court personnel and technical resources to schedule server replacements, new installations and database upgrades
- Install, build, maintain and enhance RHEL hardware environment, maintain legacy HPUX installations
- Configure and maintain RHEL with SELinux and HP-UX performance and security standards
- Support/maintenance/execution of existing shell scripting tools as necessary.
- Develop requirements for new tools.
- SQL experience and data analytics experience required
- Ability to work with staff DBA regarding access, capacity and monitoring procedures for Informix and PostgreSQL systems
- Performance tuning of virtual and physical operating systems as needed as directed by senior System administrators
- Install, upgrade, distribute and manage O/S releases. This may require after hour work while court is not working.
- Ability to interact with nontechnical court personnel is essential.
- Train and transfer knowledge to coworkers. Minimum Qualifications/Experience
- RHEL and strong scripting experience – 2 years minimum experience preferred
- O/S backup, recovery, security, integrity and performance in a virtual and physical environment required.
- Knowledge of Red Hat Virtualization including oVirt and HP-UX ServiceGuard is a plus
- Experience with DataProtector, Satellite, Samba, Informix, PostgreSQL, RHV a huge plus
- College degree preferred, current certifications in HPUX/Linux accepted
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.