Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Senior Program Manager – Power Control Systems Division / Washington DC – (JOB-19579). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Our client is seeking an experienced and results-driven Senior Program Manager to oversee and manage a portfolio of projects in the Power Automation and Controls Systems space. This position requires a strong background in program management, deep knowledge of power automation and controls systems, and exceptional leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business management, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of experience in program management, preferably in the power automation and controls systems industry. Proven track record of successfully managing complex projects or programs with budgets in the range of 10 million dollars or more. Strong knowledge of power automation and controls systems, including experience with SCADA, DCS, PLC, and related technologies. Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with customers, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on delivering results and driving continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project financial reporting.
- Project management certifications such as PMP or PRINCE2 is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as needed.
- Oversee an 11-15 million dollar portfolio of power automation and controls systems projects, ensuring alignment with strategic objectives and financial targets.
- Develop and execute portfolio management strategies, including resource allocation, risk mitigation, and performance tracking.
- Monitor project progress, budget, and timelines, identifying and addressing any issues or risks that may impact successful delivery.
- Lead a team of project managers, engineers, and technical experts, providing training, guidance, support, and mentorship throughout project lifecycles.
- Foster a collaborative and high-performance culture, promoting teamwork and knowledge sharing among team members.
- Set clear program objectives and expectations, ensuring all stakeholders understand project scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, understanding their requirements, and managing their expectations effectively.
- Act as a primary point of contact for customer escalations, promptly addressing concerns and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance customer satisfaction, delivering high-quality solutions that meet or exceed expectations.
- Identify potential risks and challenges within the portfolio, developing risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Conduct regular risk assessments and proactively address any emerging issues, ensuring minimal disruption to project timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve complex problems and drive timely issue resolution.
Travel Requirements: Willingness to travel as required: The candidate should be open to travel, as some projects may require on-site visits and client meetings.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.