Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – IT Project Manager PMP / Richmond VA – (JOB-19636). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Contract: 9 Months
On-site: 2-3 days weekly
Local Candidates Only
- PMP certification through PMI
- Fluency in Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office required.
- Coordinate vendors and consultants and business staff as assigned, in the execution of IT projects and related procurements.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of proposals, statement of work, statement of requirements and RFP responses.
- Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments and removing roadblocks to their work.
- Facilitate multi-disciplinary teams in the development of plans, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for completion of a project.
- Manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including executive management, business management, vendors, project sponsors, suppliers, and technology management.
- Set project goals that are consistent with technical objectives and the agency’s overall technology strategy.
- Track and communicate a project’s progress from a schedule, cost, and risk perspective to the project team, customers, and project stakeholders.
- Drive consistent project delivery through the entire project lifecycle, including, execution of procurements, definition of project plans, resource allocation, management of project risks, scope, and schedule, delivery of value, and well-ordered transitions to operations.
- Monitor progress by third-party vendors and define and measure their progress with metrics.
- Develop and maintain project budget, plans, task lists, schedules, risks, and status, to include resource allocation and schedules.
- 10 years of experience managing large projects
- Strong experience in developing, executing, and managing cloud hosted SaaS implementation projects.
- Strong experience leading the business and IT resources through the discovery and documentation of business and technical requirements in request for proposal and statement of requirement formats.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills for collaborating and team building.
- Ability to lead others to implement new approaches, systems, structures, and methods.
- Ability to define and balance the competing demands for quality, scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to analyze and document system processes.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models.
- Exceptional knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall project management principles and practices.
- Knowledge of process engineering and re-engineering techniques and practices.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.