Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Senior React/Linux Developer / Chesapeake VA – (JOB-19655). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Senior React/Linux Developer
Permanent residents only, no c/c.
Techead’s Client works in the intelligent traffic management solutions. This company works to create sustainable smart cities where people and goods safely and efficiently move through traffic infrastructure. The software engineers work on cutting-edge projects using innovative ideas that have been created by collaborating with their colleagues. We currently have openings for talented and diligent Software Engineers for the Technology division. The ideal candidate has a focus on quality, performance, consistency, and time- to-market.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience developing applications on resource constraint systems
- Experience with microservices, containers, and real-time distributed applications
- Experience with React or Web Application Framework (WAF)
- Experience with design and development of APIs and Tool Kits
- End-to-end experience with designing and developing SDK Framework
- Proficiency in Software Development Tools
- Experience with system level solutions recognizing software, firmware, and hardware interactions
- Good understanding of security challenges of mobile applications, including cyber security
- Cross-platform development skills
- Working knowledge of real-time messaging architecture
- Minimum of 5 years of programming experience developing on Linux Platform
- Experience with Redis, Lua, Nginx, Rest API, Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes, Micro K8s / K3s
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows, and IOS operating systems
- Understanding of how mobile devices and applications connect to the web
- Experience with managing and securing users’ private data
- Clear communicator, be able to prioritize, estimate, break-down, and implement tasks
- Able to think abstractly and conceptualize solutions before implementation
- Able to come up with tactics to tackle ambiguous problems
- Provide technical leadership for mobile application projects.
- Performs design, development, and maintenance of software applications considering scalability, availability, reliability, stability, security, and performance
- Completes most development activities independently
- Works on tasks that require in-depth software engineering knowledge.
- Has extensive knowledge in software programming concepts, practices, and procedures and knows
when and how to apply them to their work.
- Understands the programming language they are working in to design and refactor for performance and scalability.
- Relies on experience and judgment when estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating work.
- Able to break down work into consumable tasks and identify how much work is required to complete the tasks.
- Conducts code reviews in a timely manner and identifies discrepancies in logic pertaining to the task at hand.
- Documents supporting installation instructions and basic user operations and troubleshooting manuals.
- Supports system configuration along with supports application deployments inclusive of occasional after-hours assistance.
- Actively participates and leads by example in organization’s software development processes and test strategies.
- Recognizes software programming problems/issues and provides solutions for review by manager.
- Executes work efficiently and meets agreed deadlines.
- Takes direction and feedback, both positive and critical feedback, in a constructive manner.
- Continuously demonstrates improvements to skills over time.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.