Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Senior COBOL Programmer / Richmond VA – (JOB-19673). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Contract: 6 months, indefinite 6 month extensions
Hybrid: 1-2 days on-site
Local Candidates Only
• Work with business units to gather and document new system requirements. • Analyze and document existing COBOL programs and flows.
• Design, develop, and test changes to enhance existing software applications. • Troubleshoot, fix, test, and coordinate deployment for reported production issues.
• Create, read, update, and delete data stored in DB2 and VSAM.
• Migrate VSAM data structures to DB2, along with the corresponding changes to the applications.
• Develop, analyze, and tune SQL queries to improve system performance.
• Expose new and existing CICS/COBOL assets as services.
• Coordinate with other application teams on releases with dependencies spanning technology stacks.
Top MUST HAVE Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of the COBOL programming language.
• Seven or more years professional programming experience with COBOL.
• Experience working with IBM Mainframes and the CICS environment.
• Experience interacting with relational databases (DB2, Oracle, etc.) from COBOL.
• In-depth knowledge of and proven experience with ANSI SQL.
• Experience with IBM’s Job Control Language (JCL).
• Ability to document system requirements and flows using the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, etc.). • Good oral and written communication skills.
• Strong technical analysis and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to work independently, and closely with other teams.
Strong Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience with Financial Systems.
• Experience with z/VSE. • Experience with JCL within z/VSE.
• Experience with the ICCF editor.
• Experience with DB2 9+.
• Experience with VSAM.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.