Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract-to-hire position – DevSecOps Engineer / Suffolk VA – (JOB-19789). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Techead has partnered with a software engineering client in the DOD space to help them hire a DevSecOps Engineer for a contract-to-hire role. As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will implement a pipeline for increased automation and standardization of the System/Software Development Life Cycle.
100% On-site in Suffolk, VA
Active secret clearance required (Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance)
Security + CE required
6 month contract to hire
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Proficiency and in-depth experience in using AGILE concepts and best practices.
- Solid understanding of Windows Server 2016/2019 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system and hardware architectures and storage (RHEL6/7, Dell, HP, NetApp).
- Solid understanding of virtual platforms (VMware, VDI, RDS) RHEV experience, and cloud service platform/offerings (AWS, Azure).
- Expert on troubleshooting Unix/Linux system issues.
- Working knowledge of tools described above and Red Hat Satellite, Ansible, and scripting.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure in a rapid paced, customer facing, 24/7 production environment.
- Technical knowledge of common network protocol/services, hardware devices, and systems components.
- Ideal candidates will have experience using containers with security such as StackRox/Anchore/Kubernetes Rancher.
8+ year’s systems OS/server administration
Active exposure in DevSecOps environment highly preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in information systems engineering, computer science, engineering, or other related field and 10 years of related technical specialized experience. Advanced degree may substitute for years of experience.
IAT Level II or Intermediate/Journeyman Certifications required:
- Security + CE certification
- One OS certification such as RHCE, RHCT, MCSA, MCSE, VMware or MTA for Windows Server 2012/2016.
- A DevSecOps certification or formal training certificate is desired.
- Cloud Service certification or formal training certificate is desired
Selected candidates must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET CLEARANCE.
All candidates selected will be subject to a security background investigation.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.