Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Data Analyst / Richmond VA – (JOB-19821). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Data Analyst | 19821
Local Richmond, VA candidates
Onsite requirement work onsite 2-3 day/week – Richmond, VA
Contract – 7 Months – Could Extend
No C2C Candidates
Perform Data Analytics tasks like data acquisition and cleaning; processing; validation; fusion & conflation; analytics, reporting & visualization; prototype pilot client projects; and ad-hoc analyses.
- Engaged in various aspects of Data Analytics tasks including but not limited to the following: Data acquisition, cleaning and preparation tasks require working with many data sets other data and obtaining those through different means such as: graphical user interfaces, APIs, direct access to back-end databases either internally from client or from third party vendor and archives.
- Data cleaning and preparation steps will be needed, especially for free-form text fields, and they may be different based on the data set and source.
- Data fusion tasks require merging or aligning (fusing) data sets on the spatial(location) or temporal (point in time or similar period of year and time of day)dimensions, in a redundant (same attributes) or complementary (different attributes) fashion.
- Data analysis and visualization tasks will require the incumbent to apply tried-and-true but also new-and-innovative methods to identify historical travel trends, conduct Before-and-After studies, perform congestion and reliability analyses for specified areas and time periods of interest, identify locations and time periods experiencing unusual traffic behavior.
- Analysis results will be presented in a format and at a level of detail appropriate for the audience, through interactive and static charts, graphs, and maps. GIS and map conflation will require leveraging existing map conflation tools and algorithms.
- Manual checking and validation of conflation will be needed since conflation algorithms are not perfect and do not cover all real-life situations.
- Some research to perform the above tasks will be needed.
- Research will include but not be limited to literature review of data analytics algorithms, investigating the feasibility and usability of incorporating new data sources into analytics algorithms to improve accuracy and relevance of results, forecasting methods.
- Data retrieval (UI, SQL, API) | Required | 3 Years
- Data Engineering (cleaning, preparation, validation) | Required | 3 Years
- Data analytics, integration, and visualization | Required | 2 Years Advanced Excel skills | Highly desired | 3 Years
- Visualization platforms: Tableau, PowerBI Required | 2 Years Scripting/coding for data science: Python, R | Highly desired | 2 Years
- GIS tools: ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro | Highly desired | 1 Years |
- Exposure to some transportation skills & concepts | Desired
- Data fusion | Desired | 1 Years
- Data science (model development, applying machine learning to transportation problems) | Nice to have |
- Map conflation | Nice to have
- Attention to detail | Required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to present data in a format understandable to diverse audience
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.