Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Staff Accountant / Virginia Beach VA – (JOB-19843). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Staff Accountant III
The Staff Accountant III reports to the Accounting Controller in the performance of a variety of tasks, and is primarily responsible for managing daily financial transactions and tasks related to all facets of the Operation, and maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the ERP and other company systems consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards (GAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and corporate ethics, goals, and objectives. A proficient level of accounting, Government Contracts administration, business experience and judgment is required to plan and accomplish goals. Performance of responsibilities is expected to be completed on an accurate and timely basis, and with minimal supervision.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily financial operations and transactions, ensuring the government business programs are in compliance with US Federal, State and Local Governments accounting rules and regulations; FAR, DFARS, etc. as applicable.
- Work with contractor resources for financial compliance
- Timely and Accurately Prepare/review/reconcile monthly invoices with Government Contracting Agencies to ensure on-time payments.
- Manage company Travel Expense reports, auditing, and reconciling issues with company personnel, and performing appropriate financial accounting transactions.
- Assist with preparing and submitting contract modifications, communicating, and collaborating with Government Contracting Personnel as required.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining subcontract documentation and agreements.
- Assist with and maintain Services Contract Forecasting tools, reports, and analysis.
- Perform financial transactions and other accounting requirements in the ERP System Accounting and Job Cost modules.
- Assist with preparation of the external audit processes (including DCAA, DCMA, etc.)
- Processing and management of Accounts Payable Vendor Invoices and Payments.
- Preparation and mailing of Accounts Receivable Invoices.
- Monitor and Manage Customer Credit Limits/Terms and Payment Issues
- Managing and Recording of Cash Receipts
- GL Account Management, Reconciliation, and transactional analysis.
- Asset and Liability management, daily transactions, and supporting amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and Process Sub-Ledger, General Ledger, and Adjusting Journal Entries.
- Management and preparation of timely and accurate Financial Period Closing processes, transactions, and reporting.
- Management and Analysis of General Ledger transactions for timely, accurate, and appropriate financial statement revenue and cost objectives.
- Develop and manage appropriate transactional accounting accruals.
- Daily management of Budget and Cash Flow processes, transactions, analysis, and reporting.
- Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
- Prepare, analyze, and distribute corporate and operating division financial statements, reports, and management analysis schedules.
- Monitor, maintain, and assist with implementation of internal accounting controls and procedures.
- Manage and support budget and forecast activities.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Conduct regular account/bank reconciliations.
- Interaction with corporate systems to identify and reconcile transactions and cash management issues.
- Review and process expense reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested.
- Review Accounting System processes, tools, and methods for continual improvement opportunities and recommendations to Supervisor
- Providing Guidance to lower-level staff accountants
- Develop and write procedures in support of ongoing continual improvement initiatives.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree plus 2-4 years of accounting experience along with various accounting applications/systems and functions
- Firm Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Governmental Accounting Standards (GAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- 2-4 years of experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience) with DoD contract administration
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience with financial transactions related to government services processes, such as Contracts, Purchasing, Inventory, Invoicing, Administration, Quality, external contracting office interaction, etc.
- Intermediate level of knowledge and experience using ERP Systems and Job Cost Accounting
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.