Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Sr. Network Engineer / Virginia Beach VA – (JOB-19848). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Local Candidates Only
Virginia Beach, VA
This is a hands on position. Once hired, they will be expected to travel on-site as needed and perform Layer 1 type work, which includes Rack & Stack of networking hardware, troubleshooting, etc.
We need someone that can work unsupervised and provide the needed backfill of knowledge to the junior guys
This position consists of hands on configuration work as well as intensive troubleshooting in a healthcare environment.
- Responsible for high-level network planning, design, and optimization.
- Develops strategies and direction for network systems solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Plans and recommends network hardware, systems management software and architecture.
- Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
- Configures and maintains routers and switches for the network.
- Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Performs troubleshooting procedures and designs resolution scripts.
- The Specialty Infrastructure Engineer role includes updating hardware required for maintenance of cloud, network, and telecommunication and any connectivity issues that could crop up, detecting system and application issues, and ensuring the smooth flow of data and voice throughout the organization.
- BLD – Bachelor’s Level Degree
- Experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree 5+ years of relevant experience with a degree 7+ years of relevant experience without a degree
- Cisco CCNP certification level (active or expired)
- Solid BGP routing experience as well as solid Cisco switch experience both nexus and catalyst required
- Basic Nexus switching knowledge
Pluses would be:
- Cisco/Fortinet Firewall experience
- Cisco Wireless and Juniper Mist Wireless experience
- Juniper Router configuration experience
- Cisco ISE experience
There will be a lab test where they will have to perform layer2 and layer3 functions as well as have basic nexus switching knowledge to pass.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.