Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Tier III O&M (Aurora, CO) / Aurora CO – (JOB-20037). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
AT&T has an opening for Tier III Operations and Maintenance (O&M) engineers to support various customer Wide Area Networks (WANs) and Local Area Networks (LANs) in providing network upgrades and configuration support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN and LAN technologies and vendors; support customer’s intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and by providing tiered support for the Network Operations Centers (NOCs).
Job duties/responsibilities of Tier III O&M engineers include:
- Potentially supervising other network support and client server specialists and planning, coordinating, and implementing network security measures
- Participation in evaluation of new network technologies and making recommendations to the network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network. Ensuring that plans for hardware and communications are adequate. Developing and implementing methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN and WAN networks.
- Diagnosing hardware and software problems, and replacing defective components
- Supporting operations, maintaining activities, and administering networks to include hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Monitoring system and network performance
- Supporting routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintaining control records
- Configuring and testing hardware, networking software, and operating system software
- Preparing technical proposals for presentation to the engineering review boards for adding new technologies to the network
- Performing a full range of upgrades in accordance with existing network architecture
- Reviewing user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and providing advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements
- Performing long-term O&M activities to include tier III troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Utilizing complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network while maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Preparing troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance levels
- Providing fault management for the network and supports performance management functions
- Responding, isolating, and resolving network troubles
- Monitoring alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Executing report functions and data input associated with network management
- Monitoring the security posture of the network and reporting suspected violations to designated authorities
- Coordinating with configuration management and implementation teams
- Performing operator-level maintenance on components for network management systems
- Analyzing network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput), recommending procurement, removals, and modifications to network components
- Optimizing network topologies and site configurations. Planning installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components and capabilities
- Coordinating requirements with users and suppliers
- Organizing and directing network installations on site surveys
- Assessing and documenting current site network configuration and user requirements
- Maintaining operating systems, communications software, data base packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs
- Applying software, hardware, and standards information technology skills in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of open systems for Information Management (IM) applications
- Ensuring systems and applications are compliant with standards for open systems architectures, reference models, and profiles of standards. These include the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model, as they apply to the implementation and specification of IM solutions on the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software applicatio
- Evaluating and recommending Commercial off-the-Shelf (COTS) applications and methodologies that can be acquired to provide interoperable, portable, and scalable information technology solutions
Candidate must have 10 years of experience that can be a combination of work history and education. This equates to a doctorate and 3 years, master’s and 4 years, bachelor’s and 6 years, associates and 8 years, or HS diploma and 10 years. Required qualifications include the following:
- Experience with network protocols such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) and experience with troubleshooting and implementation of associated configurations with these protocols
- Layer 3 Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model experience is a must
- Must comply with Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 2
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.