Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract -To-Hire position – BI Analyst- (Tableau/SQL) / Richmond VA – (JOB-20095). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Techead is seeking an experienced BI Analyst for a contract-to-hire position with our non-profit scientific client based in Richmond, VA
The BI Analyst will interface with internal departments to understand their business processes and create analytical tools and dashboards to support these processes and perform maintenance activities. The BI Analyst must analyze and organize clinical and administrative data and generate meaningful reports and dashboards.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Researchers, and the larger transplant community to identify and understand their analytical, data visualization, and dashboarding needs and translate these into impactful solutions.
- Convert business requirements into actionable data products using intermediate Tableau, SSRS, R, R Shiny, or other reporting techniques. This may include iterative consultations with internal and external clients.
- Develop, execute and maintain SQL queries/scripts and similar objects to validate completeness, integrity and accuracy of data.
- Manage products by maintaining an inventory, engaging in data product lifecycle management, and educating stakeholders.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining functional specifications and workflow documents. Support technical writer for user guide documentation effort.
- Follow project management framework and utilize work management applications like Wrike for collaboration and work planning.
- Coordinate, communicate and facilitate requirements gathering, scoping, communication and user acceptance testing.
- Partner with IT teams on process-related and data product projects.
- Conduct tool trainings and product demonstrations for internal and external users.
- Extend support to secondary BI platforms like Data services portal, SharePoint sites and websites that embed data products developed by data product team.
- Learn and implement new methods and technologies relevant to business intelligence and transplantation domain.
- Assist Research staff in the preparation of analytic results in the form of both data and written reports, manuscripts and abstracts/posters for professional meetings.
2 years of SQL, SAS, R, SSRS, Tableau or other related BI experience required.
- Experience in design and development of data products and dashboards with Tableau, SSRS, or R Shiny with a strong understanding of UI/UX design principles and database is preferred.
- Knowledge of database languages, methodologies and established standards preferred.
- Understanding of the principles of product management preferred.
- Intermediate SQL skills required.
- Requires self-motivated, collaborative individual who functions well within a team.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5 years of healthcare or relevant experience preferred.
- Critical thinking and analytic skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work required.
- Communication skills to include ability to translate business requirements into consumable output and presenting results of analysis.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multitasking environment, the ability to work independently and as part of a team are required.
- Client-facing experience is desired.
4-year degree in a business-oriented, data-oriented, graphic design or computing specialty, or equivalent level of SQL, R, or other programming work experience is required. Advanced degree preferred.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.