Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract-To-Hire position – Application Developer / Norfolk VA – (JOB-17475). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Norfolk Naval Base
Secret Clearance-MUST be active
The Application Developer will be the lead in the development, management and maintenance of .NET web applications using in-depth knowledge, proficiency and experience on the following technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC), C#, Java Script, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, Windows Server, and Visual Studio.
- Use Team Foundation Server (TFS) to develop application tasks and timelines, and store computer code and projects.
- Lead in building prototype models using Data Modeling Tools, mock up sites, and Flow Charts. These will be fully functional prototypes that allow users to get acquainted with a new way of doing business and provide a mechanism for feedback.
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POAM) on all projects and tasks.
- Develop and maintain application technical and/or user guides.
- Provide user training in using the applications delivered online or classroom environment.
- Provide customer support in using the applications.
- Develop and write application technical guides and training materials.
- Lead the requirements gathering and meetings.
- Document and translate requirements into technical requirements and standards for programming and coding.
- Work with a team of developers in configuring application, troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Gather requirements from customers and convert it to technical requirements for programming/coding.
- Minimum 6 years of experience, proficiency and in depth knowledge in application development using Microsoft SQL Server (Database Engine, Reporting Services, Integration Services and Analysis Services), PowerShell, ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC/MVVM), C#, Java Script, HTML, CSS, T-SQL, Microsoft Windows Server, Visual Studio, and web related technologies
- Experienced and in depth knowledge in data modeling, user interface and/or experience (UI/UX) design and implementation.
- Experienced in the installation, configuration, and management of virtualization technology such as Hyper-V and VMware.
- Excellent and proficient communication and writing skills, and possess a proven ability to be a self-motivated member of the Development Team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, prioritizing efforts and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Associate Degree in Computer Science with additional 2 years of experience.
- Must maintain current CompTIA Security+ certification.
- Must have current certification in Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Application or Programming in C# or follow-on certification.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.