Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Cloud Architecture & Ops Manager (Azure) / Richmond VA – (JOB-16137). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Cloud Architecture & DevOps Manager | 16137
No C2C Candidates
TECHEAD is currently hiring for a Cloud Architect for a Fortune 100 ranked company in Richmond, VA. We are looking for an Azure Cloud Architect who will be responsible for ensuring the architecture, infrastructure, and systems support for our web and data applications. The Cloud Architect will support a highly available, fast-performing, and stable eCommerce and analytics environment. This person will also serve as technical lead for IT infrastructure, application administration, and production support while fulfilling architecture responsibilities for the cloud eCommerce platform.
- Create and manage a cloud strategy aligned with the companys objectives
- Manage a global network of regional cloud data centers serving a high volume of e-commerce transactions
- Design and support the Production, UAT, QA, and Development of cloud environments
- Manage infrastructure budget ensuring the total cost of ownership for cloud, infrastructure, and supporting tools is aligned with the companys budget and plan
- Manage, and participate in, 24×7 production support of eCommerce platform
- Ensure availability and performance SLAs are met
- Participate in business and technical requirements gathering converting functional requirements into the technical design for cloud and infrastructure solutions
- Support, and participate in, application architecture and deployments in the cloud
- Support monitoring and security strategies for the cloud environments
- Support continuous integration and delivery processes in the cloud
- Serve as technical lead directing day to day activities of IT operations associates and providing coaching and guidance
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate must have:
- Bachelors Degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience
- 7+ years of experience with cloud architecture, IT operations, and or IT infrastructure
- Experience with Azure IaaS, PaaS, SaaS preferred, but equivalent AWS experience will also be considered
- Experience with cloud deployments using a template-based approach (ARM templates)
- Experience with custom scripts and basic programming (PowerShell, batch, NET/C#, runbooks)
- Experience with enterprise-level Web Application and Network Firewalls
- Experience with monitoring tools and/or monitoring a cloud environment
- Experience managing the support of a high-volume production eCommerce environment
- Ability to understand the application, network, and system capabilities and produce cloud and infrastructure designs that meet business requirements
- Knowledge of cloud networking and security
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to coach and mentor others to build their capacity and skills for cloud infrastructure
This position offers a great base salary with excellent benefits and a potential bonus!
** We are open to candidates outside the Richmond area.
*** We are not able to sponsor for this position; no C2C.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed