Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Cloud Data Engineer (AWS) / Telecommute VA – (JOB-16283). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Techead is working with our financial services client in Richmond, VA to help them hire an experienced Cloud Data Architect. As a remote Cloud Data Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Install, set up, and configure environments to integrate On-Prem to the cloud
- Design, build, maintain, upgrade and support the multiple environments
- Collaboration with Management/Data Stewards from multiple business lines to meet customer demands
- Build maintain and support AWS environments end to end
- Develop scripting for AWS services for products/customers
- Develop scripting for On-prem Linux and Windows using OS native Scripting Methods Automation and process improvement through scripting
- Follow standards and ensure industry best practices
- Working knowledge of Agile, AgileDevops, and product methodology
- Occasional on-call support 24×7 Incident Management
- Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent. Graduate-level work in computer engineering is a plus
- 10 years experience in managing medium to large data environments for Data Stewards and business users
- Proven experience in managing AWS Cloud environments
- Experience with big data platforms like Cloudera/Hortonworks
- Experience with data analytics platforms and processes
- Experience with On-Prem Provisioning and Build Support Experience with Incident Management, On-Call Support, Provisioning, and Build Support, Runbooks, Software Currency, Patch Management, Compliance Management, Automation, and Process Improvements
- Experience in managing AWS Services such as S3, Lambda, Glue, and AWS RDS (like SQLServer or Oracle) and AWS native databases (like Aurora), EC2 instances (Monitoring and re-hydration), AWS IAM, and Networking concepts
- Advanced Python for AWS SDK and Terraform
- Troubleshooting integration issues with other AWS services. (AWS RDS) Big Data Platform (EMR, Sagemaker, AWS Database Migration Service and SCT tools, AWS Storage Gateway, Glue)
- Experience in managing DMS Service
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed