Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Cloud Systems Engineer (Logstash) / Telecommute VA – (JOB-17898). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Cloud Systems Engineer – Fully Remote
Techead is looking for a Cloud Systems Engineer/Developer to join the team of a well-known industry leader in the distribution space! This person will create business solutions involving data communication between Oracle and Azure cloud, and should have expertise in systems management, security, application logging, and security incident response.
They’ll also focus on:
- on-prem and Cloud logging infrastructure.
- security logging and response.
- scripting and integration of systems.
- working with security, infrastructure, and application teams.
US Permanent residents only; no c/c.
Direct hire with full benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configure and implement a logging infrastructure for the ingestion, monitoring, and operation of an Azure Analytics infrastructure for Information security and application logs including logs related to Azure, Oracle Cloud, on-premises systems, and any other Cloud / SaaS environments that may be implemented in the future. Logging will consist of usage, server and container-based audit logging, database access logs, and application security logging.
- Perform incident response as part of the Cloud team responsibilities when escalated from Security SEIM and or incident response team. Create logging alerts to support General Audit control requirements. Work with the security team for SEIM logging requirements. Incorporate lessons learned from incident investigations into monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Work closely with teammates to effectively test, tune, and deploy security technologies that are scalable and enhance detection and response.
- Develop effective and efficient internal security procedures and documentation (i.e., runbooks), used for day-to-day security operations by the Operations team. Provide training as necessary for team members and the Operations team.
- Work with the Directory Services team for Microsoft AD and Azure AD to ensure a secure environment is implemented and the proper logging and security controls are implemented to meet SOX requirements.
- Research and understand emerging information security threats, vulnerabilities, and their countermeasures.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years’ related experience.
- BS degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Logstash
- Experience with MS PowerShell, Python and JSON
- Experience configuring and monitoring software and log collection facilities.
- Experience developing, configuring, and securing cloud services.
- Software development experience using scripting languages in order to automate systems operations.
- Experience running container-based infrastructure (preferred).
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.