Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Computer Technician / Tigard OR – (JOB-18126). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
~ $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
~ Tigard, OR
~ Full-time position
~ Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
~ Accrued PTO
~ Paid holidays
Permanent residents only, C2C is NOT considered.
TECHEAD is searching for a Computer Technicians for one of our client’s new locations in Tigard, Oregon!
The Computer Technician accurately diagnoses and repairs technology devices to working condition. Computer Technicians follow instructions and accurately records repairs and closes tickets. If you understand technology, value quality and superior service, we’d like to invite you to come grow with us!
Reporting to the Depot Supervisor/Lead, the Computer Technician supports our customer’s technology devices by keeping them repaired (break-fix). The Configuration Center handles technology repair services, device management and post deployment support services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately diagnose and repair technology devices to working condition for our customers.
- Follow instructions and accurately record repairs and close tickets.
- Responsible for ensuring the highest level of quality service and adherence to TIG and client policies and procedures.
- Label and clean computers as needed.
- Maintain a clean workstation.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- During “peak” season, may occasionally drive deliveries of laptops to schools/clients.
- General knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. (This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.)
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary by manager to meet business requirements
Skills and Abilities Requested:
- Basic knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Basic knowledge of Windows and Chrome OS
- Ability to troubleshoot a variety of computer issues
- Ability to accurately provide troubleshooting notes to show diagnostic steps
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. with no restrictions.
- Ability to pass a background check is required
- A clean driving record is required as driving may occasionally be required during peak seasons.
- High school diploma/GED is required
- Ability to label and clean computers as needed
- Excellent time management skills
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Ability to work as team in a professional environment
- Ability to fill out repair tickets accurately and legibly
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail with focus on quality
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to positively interface with employees, customers, and vendors
- Ability to work within a team
PREFERRED CANDIDATES will need to have the following:
TIG will financially support the pursuit of relevant certifications once you are employed.
- CompTIA A+ certification is preferred
- Technical Repair Coursework (ECPI, etc.)
- 2 years associate degree or relevant experience
Offers are contingent on background check results which include credit check, driver’s license check, and Educational, Employment, and Certification verification.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.