Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Permanent position – Desktop Support Analyst / Richmond VA – (JOB-18494). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Desktop Support Analyst
Location: Richmond, VA
Hybrid: 2 days onsite / 3 days remote
Techead is seeking an experienced Desktop Support Analyst to provide technical hardware and software support
- Perform routine maintenance and support of the standard hardware/software technology in use at the company. This could range from configuring and moving a workstation to inputting data into local operational processes, like PC inventory, to escalating a technical issue to a more senior tech within the team.
- Work independently on tasks and service requests, but gets active guidance from more senior technical resources within the location team.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems
- Install, configure, test, monitor and make minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provide technical assistance and training to system users.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring desktop operations.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and /or emails regarding desktop problems.
- Track distribution and disposition of desktop peripheral equipment and software
- Comply with Company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
Top Must Have Skills:
- Must possess intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based and job specific software applications.
- A thorough knowledge of Desktop/Laptop hardware and end-user level peripherals a must.
- Technical aptitude and experience as it relates to PC hardware and LAN technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10/11 and MS Office are highly desirable
- Experience with VOIP (Polycom phones) and iPhones is desirable
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and knowledge
- Demonstrated solid customer service skills
Strong quality focus with good follow-through and accuracy
- Proven competence to communicate clearly and persuasively with all levels of an organization required. Proven ability to handle difficult conversations. Honest, sincere and consistent in communications.
- Very strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated history of proactive orientation towards troubleshooting, problem solving, and quick thinking with a sense of urgency and priority.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis.
- Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
- Periodic travel up to 25% required.
- Minimum of at least one acceptable technical certification and/or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related field plus 3-5 years of related IT experience.
- A combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.