Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Digital UX/UI Designer – Hybrid / Chesapeake VA – (JOB-17474). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Digital UX/UI Designer
Hampton Roads, VA – Hybrid
Permanent residents only; no c2c
TECHEAD has an immediate opening for a User Experience/User Interface Designer to support a Fortune 500 retail client in the Hampton Roads area. The position is hybrid and requires 3 days per week in the office with some flexibility for the right candidate.
As a UX/UI Designer you will be responsible for researching, designing, and continuously enhancing user experiences for our customers while improving customer engagement, satisfaction, and conversion. You will display exceptional interface design and creative problem-solving skills with expert-level hands-on knowledge of creating wireframes, prototypes, and detailed mockups utilizing industry-standard tools, such as Figma or Azure. You will engage in data-driven user research and discovery to identify user pain points and opportunities. You will collaborate with product managers and all related stakeholders to define, ideate, test, and validate multichannel experiences to help deliver world-class user-centric designs.
As an ideal candidate you will lead multifaceted UX design projects for the organization’s digital initiatives and utilize your knowledge of UX processes, tools, and industry best practices combined with excellent management skills.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform research and define UX strategy based on user behaviors.
- Lead the UX process through phases including defining, researching, analyzing, designing, and validating.
- Utilize a process-driven approach to develop wireframes, prototypes, and detailed visual mockups based on strategy and insights.
- Create guidelines and collaborate with product managers, stakeholders, and outside business partners to ensure end-to-end design execution.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions to explore UX routes and generate ideas.
- Develop personas, storyboards, sitemaps, and screen flows.
- Communicate UX Design verbally and visually to all stakeholders and productively capture and address feedback.
- Work closely with the Product Managers and the Director of UX and Product Management to continuously enhance user experiences, identify issues, and provide solutions.
- Collaborate with Operations, Marketing, IT, and other teams to ensure design implementation and delivery.
- Develop and maintain design specifications and ensure consistencies through products.
- Scope UX Design initiatives and manage deliverables.
- Be an advocate for UX Design best practices and ensure multi-channel design consistencies while staying aligned with emerging trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in UX/UI Design or Human-Computer Interaction, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in omnichannel UX/UI Design.
- Expert knowledge of building prototypes and wireframes in Figma, Axure, Adobe XD or other similar programs.
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design, methodologies, and UX best practices.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics or similar web analytics platform.
- Good understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, CSS.
- Proven record of identifying and solving complex UX problems through a process-driven approach.
- Experience in conducting usability tests and design validation.
- Experience in conducting comparative analysis and research through interviews, surveys, observation, and immersion.
- Passion for innovation and digital product development.
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
Must be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, by the date of hire. Proof of vaccination required. Request for medical or religious accommodation must be made prior to the start date.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.