Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – eCommerce Software Architect – REMOTE / Telecommute VA – (JOB-16301). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
We are looking for a Principal eCommerce Software Architect to help guide the strategy, development, and deployment of our client’s newest eCommerce initiative! This is a Direct Hire role with a fantastic eCommerce company located in Virginia.
You’ll work in a smaller team with cutting-edge tech in an agile environment (they’re working with ElasticSearch/ PHP/ MongoDB). Your opinion is valued by company leadership and you will have opportunities to innovate, contribute, and collaborate towards the mission of the team. As a Principal Software Architect, you will get exciting opportunities to shape the future of our this company’s next generation of websites while remaining hands-on with development.
If you have a strong technical background and experience in designing and developing a unified vision for software and ecommerce sites, keep reading!
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident; No sponsorship available.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interfaces of desired products
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Be Hands-On in architecting, developing, and deploying our next-generation experiences and services
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with the initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, supportability, extensibility, etc.
- Approve final product before launch
Qualifications you should meet:
- 10+ years of experience in software development and coding across programming languages and platforms.
- Experience architecting Scalable e-commerce or Marketplace products
- Experience working with MongoDB, PHP, and search technologies such as Elastic.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- High-quality organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
Qualifications we’d love for you to have:
- Experience with TypeScript, front-end technologies like Redux/React and/or Vue
- MSc/MA in computer science, engineering, or relevant field.
- 2+ years of proven experience as a software architect.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed