Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract-to-Hire position – HPC Network Modeling and Simulation Researcher / Arlington VA – (JOB-18542). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
High Performance Computing (HPC) Network Modeling and Simulation Researcher
Techead is seeking a talented High Performance Computing (HPC) Modeling and Simulation Researcher to be part of a talented, technical, and dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in virtualization, tactical network modeling and simulation/emulation within high-speed networks using Extendable Mobile Ad Hoc Network Emulator (EMANE).
- Research experimental methods to model existing tactical and future high-speed networks using EMANE or NS3.
- Utilize EMANE to provide Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) capabilities as a service to support experimentation.
- Experience building, scaling, and deploying applications within customized containers (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Develop methods to incorporate physical layer effects into EMANE experiments to increase fidelity of tactical network emulations.
- Provide quality customer service to include leading meetings and administering demonstrations of current research and project status.
Education/Experience and Clearance Requirements
- Secret clearance
- Security + or other 8570 IAT level 1 certification
- Education: BS degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, Information Science, or Mathematics.
- Six (6) years of research or technical experience in a scientific or technical field relevant to requirements.
- Three (3) years of directly related technical experience in support of the required task specific project.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Strong experience (2-3 years preferred) with EMANE or NS3 required
- Experience (1-2 years) with containerized application deployment using Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience using JIRA to create customized workflows, track project development.
- Mature, self-motivated, adaptable and able to work well in a group environment.
- Ability to maintain professional work appearance, attire, and positive behaviors.
- Demonstrated project management, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.