Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract to Hire position – Human Resources Manager / Coxsackie NY – (JOB-18201). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Human Resources Manager
Techead is working with a Fortune 500 distribution organization that is searching for the right individual to join as an HR Manager for one of their manufacturing / distribution centers in Coxsackie, NY – just south of Albany! This person will partner closely with the center’s manager on strategic initiatives, as well as work with onsite managers to ensure implementation of HR initiatives and compliance practices.
3 month contract to hire
Onsite only; M-F; 7:30-5pm
Permanent residents only; no c/c
- Establish and implement consistent practices, processes, and metrics in support of the HR strategy and goals.
- Effectively partner with site operations leadership to ensure implementation of HR initiatives, programs, systems, and other HR elements are well executed and drive achievement of site operational goals and objectives.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR site goals/objectives, projects, and systems.
- Responsible for ensuring all aspects of associate performance management systems, processes and procedures are in place and equitably executed through site leadership in line with company policies and expectations.
- Develop partnerships for talent acquisition for recruiting and hiring practices, inclusive of ensuring effective on-boarding, for all newly hired associates, as well as employee and leadership development.
- Support HR annual process execution including performance management, compensation, workforce, and talent planning.
- Coordinate and/or deliver training on a variety of topics ranging from leadership development, compliance, or specific technical training focused on the general associate population.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state employment requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; and representing the organization in external employment related matters such as hearings.
- Ensure timely administration of HR-related documents in accordance with established guidelines so that HR related matters are administered quickly and accurately and in compliance.
- As a member of the site leadership team, participate in related meetings and represent/review local business needs, policies, guidelines, and associate interests.
- 5+ years of Human Resource experience with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a site HR Manager and/or Partner to line operations.
- Prior working experience in an industrial environment with a large hourly population.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Commitment to and passion for excellence, an open and engaging, safe work culture and ensuring positive employee relations.
- A strong and effective leader who develops others and holds them accountable to high standards.
- Ability to understand challenges or underlying concerns, share ideas and help others respond appropriately.
- Experience working with New York state HR/ compliance laws STRONGLY preferred.
- Experience in supply chain and specifically distributions centers.
- Experience with union avoidance.
- Demonstrated prior work experience with HRIS and Microsoft platforms. Workday knowledge a plus.
- HR certification/license.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.