Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract to Hire position – Infrastructure Engineer / Norfolk VA – (JOB-18943). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
TECHEAD is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to support their client. They will work alongside customers to design, plan, implement, upgrade, and maintain new data center technologies in the areas of storage, virtualization, and network engineering with a focus on VMware, NetApp, and Cisco Data Center Technologies.
JOB – 18943
Onsite at Norfolk Naval Base
**Must have an Active Secret Security Clearance**
- Proactively maintain Citrix, NetApp and VMWare Horizon platforms in use supporting the Data Center.
- Quickly and effectively identify, troubleshoot, and communicate hardware and software technical problems for a wide range of customers.
- Ensure the solution is implemented as designed to the customer’s satisfaction and approval
- Design, build, deploy, and manage linked-clone image technology on VMWare/Horizon View platform (VDI).
- Create high-quality content deliverables which include Design, As-Built, Connectivity, and other high-level and or detailed documentation.
- Participate in the development and implementation of VMWare and VDI-related operational procedures and define the standards for virtual desktops from the infrastructure platform design to imaging and delivery to customers.
- Apply Defense in Depth methodologies to the hardening to all associated networks and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical degree or an Associate Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with additional 2 years of experience.
- Six years of experience managing data center technologies including planning, development, implementation, and support of vSphere, VMware virtual switching, vMotion, HA, Horizon View, Citrix Storefront/Xenapp, and NetApp platforms.
- Experience with troubleshooting NetApp storage and Cisco Data Center Technologies (MDS, UCS, Nexus).
• Must maintain current CompTIA Security+ certification.
• A minimum of one of the following certifications with emphasis on the platform or system being supported, or able to obtain within 12 months of hire:
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- NetApp NCIE-SAN
- Cisco CCNP Data Center
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.