IT Hardware Technician
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – IT Hardware Technician / Jackson MS – (JOB-18819). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
TECHEAD is looking for an Entry Level IT Hardware Technician to join one of our client’s teams for a special project! The client is a single source of IT solutions for businesses and organizations of all sizes.
On-site work required
Duration: 9+ months
Reasons to Apply
Our client is a large information technology firm with a national presence in the IT solutions space!
Monday – Friday schedule
Daytime Shift (8 am – 5 pm)
Medical, dental, & vision coverage
Accrued Paid time off
Long-term career opportunity
Permanent residents only, C2C is NOT considered.
- Accurately diagnose device faults and make all necessary hardware repairs to Chromebook/laptop devices in order to restore the device to full working conditions for our customers.
- Troubleshoot a variety of computer issues.
- Label and cleaning of computers as needed. Ability to maintain a clean workstation. Must have a general knowledge of principles and processes for providing excellent customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Perform other duties as assigned, but not limited to device repair, onsite computer deployments, pickup and delivery of devices at customer locations, computer imaging or enrollment, laptop cart wiring, and inventory control.
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times.
- Accurately and legibly fill out repair tickets.
- Hands-on break/fix experience with laptops and/or Chromebooks either in a professional setting or hobby experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic testing equipment, and computer hardware and software including applications and programming is a plus.
- Excellent time management skills.
- The candidate will need to be able to follow verbal and written instructions, accurately record actions taken during the repair, and close tickets once complete.
- Ability to work as a team player in a professional environment.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. with no restrictions.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to pass a background check AND drug screen.
- A clean driving record is preferred.
– High school diploma
– 2 years associate degree or relevant experience
– A+ certification a plus (not required)
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.