Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract to Hire position – IT Project Manager / Telecommute VA – (JOB-17167). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Senior IT Project Manager | 17167
Contract to Hire
Public Trust Clearance or Secret Clearance
We are looking for a Federal Project Manager who is customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize and transform through pragmatic enterprise strategies. This candidate will have several years in the I.T. arena with a varied background including working with government agencies and able to support large and small teams in reaching client goals in an Agile development environment.
What youll be doing:
Responsible for project management activities of a large-scale technical modernization project in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures, and guidelines. Has a good mix of project management, business analyst, and knowledge of web based application development. Assists the overall Project Manager through directing and supervising all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities. Manages the direction of large and small projects through the requirements, design, testing, and implementation in multi-phase project environments in accordance with project objectives. Also, responsible for supporting new business development by assisting with proposals. The candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting with the management a multi-year IT modernization effort for a federal government client.
- Providing Operations & Maintenance project management of a small production system.
- Assist with the management of multiple teams of developers deploying IT solutions via a multiple phased approach.
- Ensuring that all project goals are accomplished according to specifications and business objectives.
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing multiple routine and complex project requirements and expectations.
- Will be client-facing; will plan and manage development schedules, work closely with the overall project manager and development teams, and communicate timely status/progress to multiple stakeholders in an agile manner.
- Clearly documents and presents findings including creation of diagrams and procedure documentation.
- Responsible for driving recommendations through to implementation.
- Communicates effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
What you must have:
- Bachelors degree (or higher); Bachelors degree from an accredited institution or program.
- 4-6 years professional experience with 2 years of IT Project Management and/or scrum leader experience, to include heavy emphasis on agile processes.
- 2 or more years experience assisting with large projects within the federal government arena.
- 3 or more years experience working with cloud platforms, application development, data management and AI/ML solutions.
- 3 or more years experience in the software development life cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Must have previous experience working with a firm fixed price contract.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- 3 or more years experience with tools like MS Project, Confluence, JIRA etc.
What we’d like you to have:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, matrixed team environment, with a client-centric culture, and an environment of high performers.
- Able to multi-task and shift priorities as needed.
- Work effectively with numerous stakeholder types and bring a group to consensus.
- Strong and consistent experience with project budgeting and scheduling.
- Experience with client development; building on existing and introducing new products and/or services.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially in a client interaction context.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed