Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Linux Red Hat System Administrator / Richmond VA – (JOB-18033). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Linux Red Hat System Administrator | 18033
Techead is seeking a highly experienced Red Hat System Administrator for a local Richmond, VA client.
Onsite in Richmond, Virginia
Contract – Indefinite
Permanent US Residents only; no c/c.
Why should you be excited about this position?
- 47.5-hour work weeks – excellent work/ life balance!
- Relaxed work environment.
- Longevity on your team – people love working there!
- Install, build, maintain, provision, upgrade, and enhance both RHEL and HP-UX server hardware environments.
- Configure and maintain RHEL with SELinux and HP-UX performance and security standards.
- Support and provide maintenance of existing shell scripting tools necessary.
- Create new scripts as needed.
- Work with the DBA and developers regarding access, capacity, and monitoring procedures for Informix and PostgreSQL systems.
- Provide performance tuning of virtual and physical operating systems as needed.
- Install, upgrade, distribute and manage O/S releases. This will require knowledge of Software Distributor and Satellite.
- Troubleshoot and interact with nontechnical personnel is essential.
- Clearly document procedures for O/S and hardware design, build, and install and train coworkers is needed.
- 5 years minimum experience with RHEL and strong scripting/programming experience required with shell scripting (Primary), Perl scripting (Secondary)
- Hands-on experience with configuration, administration, and installation of RHEL servers in a distributed environment – preferably on HPE equipment.
- Experience with hardware buildout, firmware, O/S upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Experience in all phases of the entire hardware life cycle is needed.
- Working experience as a RHEL System Administrator. HP-UX experience is a plus.
- O/S backup, recovery, security, integrity, and performance in a virtual and physical environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with Red Hat Virtualization (Ovirt) and Satellite is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with HPE Primera Storage arrays, HPE Insight, and iLO Amplifier are a plus.
Nice to have:
- RH Virtualization
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.