Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Network Automation Engineer / Norfolk Virginia – (JOB-14111). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Network Automation Engineer
6 month contract to hire in Norfolk, Virginia
This positions primary role will be a role in Senior Production/Automation of configurations servicing a large-scale Enterprise network. This network includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN) and WAN Accelerators.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative technical professional, customer service oriented, and highly knowledgeable engineer in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 10+ years experience as a Network Engineer.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills to manage the execution of maintenance activities.
- Experience must include network design, operational support, and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is required.
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly desirable.
- Must have knowledge of Automation tools such as HPNA and an understanding of Python DoD Secret Clearance is required
Education: A bachelors in science with an emphasis in Computer Science or a related technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related technology leadership experiences will be considered.
Cisco CCNP and Security+ required
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed