Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract-to-Hire position – Network Security Architect / Remote VA – (JOB-18749). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Techead is looking to hire a Network Security Architect for a 100% remote role with a large insurance company! This person will lead and develop network security protocols. They’ll be responsible for the implementation and administration of network security hardware and software through providing direction to a team of approximately 20 Network Engineers (including managed service engineers). This person should have prior Architect experience, with preference given to those with experience leading people and projects.
Contract-to-Hire: 6- 12 months
100% Remote – East Coast Hours (optional onsite locations in select VA locations)
Permanent US Residents only; no c/c
NO on-call duty for this role!
- Be the subject matter expert for firewalls, intrusion prevention, proxy, VPN, etc.
- Provide technical direction and insight for problem management, projects, and operations.
- Improve documentation and reporting capabilities in support of operations and compliance demands.
- Provide leadership to network engineering team to accomplish projects and priorities.
- Identify, integrate new and replacement network security products and capabilities.
- Understand compliance requirements and perform periodic audits of the network security tools to ensure that policies are appropriately enforced.
Top Must Have Skills:
- Security Architecture experience
- Deep Firewall experience
- Cloud Networking Experience (Azure, AWS, Proxy)
- 5+ years of experience in network security engineering and architecture.
- Strong knowledge of security technologies including firewalls, WIPS, VPN, proxy, etc.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of network security protocols such as TCP/IP, BGP, IPsec, etc.
- Strong experience with security management and orchestration tools such as Tufin.
- Ability to quickly understand and take ownership of network security toolsets.
- Experience in cloud networking in AWS, Azure.
- Direct experience with Cisco Umbrella, AnyConnect, Palo Alto firewalls.
- Experience with enterprise routing.
- CASB and NAC implementation and operations experience.
- Familiar with Forsythe Load Balancers (F5)
- CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Information Technology or equivalent experience. Years of work of experience will suffice in place of degree.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.