Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Network Solutions Engineer / Chesapeake VA – (JOB-18196). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Full Time, Direct Hire
Hybrid work environment
Techead is looking for a Network Solutions Engineer who will interface with internal as well as outsourced resources to develop, implement and deliver technical solutions for the enterprise. The position exists to provide subject matter expertise in the domain and institutional knowledge for new development as well as the life cycle management of existing client applications, systems, and tools. This position performs systems management and integration functions.
- Provide technical leadership as a primary engineer and subject matter expert.
- Provide first-level support to other engineers including assisting with non-standard out-of-box solutions.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Verify and maintain stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of systems infrastructure.
- Collaborate with staff and end-users to understand specific system requirements.
- Collaborate with staff, end-users, or vendors to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software required to meet organizational needs.
- Analyze system or application usage and plan for growth.
- Perform security analyses and audits of developed or packaged software components.
- Research, test, and verify the proper functioning of software patches and fixes.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Document and maintain strong knowledge of Datacenter Operations, Network Infrastructure, and external sites.
- Configure network and server components to meet functional specifications.
- Develop application-specific software and packages.
- Provide on-call technical support 24x7x365; participation in the existing on-call rotation is mandatory.
Education and Experience
Minimum Required Education: High school diploma or GED with equivalent IT experience to a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
Experience: 5+ years’ Information Technology specific experience in managing, administering, and implementing complex Information System technologies.
- Experience with Citrix is preferred.
- Experience with Active Directory, Azure, Exchange.
- Office 365, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online management experience preferred.
- Familiarity using 3rdparty remote access tools to troubleshoot remote user incidents.
- Familiarity with VPN and other remote tools.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Applicant must hold a current professional level certification from a nationally recognized technology Vendor (Microsoft, VMware, Citrix, Cisco, EMC, NetApp, Pure Storage, etc.).
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.