Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Proposal Writer / Chantilly VA – (JOB-19323). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
TECHEAD is seeking a Proposal Writer to support their client. As a Proposal Writer, you are responsible for leading the writing of proposal volumes.
~ Full-time, Direct-Hire
~ On-Site in Chantilly, VA
~ 5+ years experience required
- Writing with clarity, precision, and grammar.
- Understand the technical specifications, and the proposed technical solution, and articulate the solution components via the development of comprehensive technical documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Compose original comprehensive content for proposals, such as executive summaries and technical approaches, leveraging the capture information, provided technical content, and using the proposal process and tools.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements and, under the direction of the proposal manager(s), collect required information.
- Identify and clearly communicate issues.
- Gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Assist the marketing team in crafting technical solution(s) collateral
- Produce content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Write technical capabilities in response to government RFP, RFQ, and/or RFI and ensure documentation is compliant with the solicitation as well as client standards.
- Work with subject matter experts to translate their technical or business approach into compelling proposal text.
- Incorporate data collected from subcontractors and vendors into proposal sections.
- Edit proposals and related appendices (e.g., resumes) to meet client requirements, make the content compelling and clear, and match the corporate style.
- Participates in formal and informal reviews of proposals and marketing materials to ensure the documents are as compelling and compliant as possible.
- Edit documents for final proposal production.
- Maintain proposal-related repositories, including collecting, storing and maintaining recent, relevant reuse material and boilerplate.
- Work with the team members on concepts, layouts, and design ideas for proposals per section.
- Maintain timelines and escalate when necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with all levels of management and various stakeholders (team members, partners, clients) to achieve results.
- Analyze solicitation requirements to help identify all data that will be required.
- Determine if the data received is compliant with solicitation
- Complete proposals in compliance with instructions and in a manner that is most presentable, organized, appealing, and attractive.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or a related field, or 6-8 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in technical proposal writing.
- Expertise with depicting complex proposal ideas with meaningful graphics is preferred.
- Experience creating process flows in Visio is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of the proposal development process is required.
- Proficient in MS Suite products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task across various types of solicitations and projects at one time while maintaining quality standards and meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to interpret a solicitation’s proposal instructions and create appropriate responses
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.