Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Safety Coordinator / Charlotte NC – (JOB-18570). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
TECHEAD is currently hiring a Safety Officer for one of our clients in Charlotte! This position acts as the General Services Department’s primary contact and liaison for safety with all other departments, leadership, and external regulatory entities. The Safety Officer works with all staff in the General Services and Storm Water Departments.
- 6 month Contract with the potential to extend
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Benefits
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lay out a vision for safety, minimize hazards, and proactively reduce risk in the workplace while enforcing safety standards and processes.
- Communicate and collaborate about safety and health throughout the organization.
- Create and track safety-related objectives, metrics, and goals for the organization.
- Investigate incidents or near-misses and lead root cause analysis.
- Drive employee engagement and meaningful involvement.
- Partners with Department HR Manager on pandemic-related issues and communications.
- Keeps abreast of CDC guidance and trends.
- Provides training to supervisory staff on the city’s first report of injury and medical treatment process.
- Manages and supervises the Departmental Safety staff and the Departmental Safety Team, represents the Department in all safety matters, and ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Act as the representative that can speak to safety and health as needed for the organization.
- Create, maintain, and improve policies and systems related to safety—all designed to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Perform regular patrols, inspections, evaluations, and/or walk-throughs of facilities and/or properties.
- Conduct toolbox meeting and other ongoing learning opportunities for staff.
- Ensure all staff have completed necessary training and are equipped for roles.
- Promote and reinforce safe behaviors across projects and job sites.
- Take measures to drive accountability for safety.
- Organize and maintain all safety and compliance-related forms.
- Verify, approve and submit injury logs and reports while conducting job hazard analysis.
- Interact and respond/communicate with Department of Labor and other governing bodies as it relates to safety and health.
- Record, investigate, and follow-up/track incidents to determine cause and to assist in responding to workers’ comp claims. Partners with Department HR Manager on results of investigations and active workers’ compensation cases.
- Manage safety complaints or safety concerns.
- Identify leading indicators and other metrics for the organization that can be used to support safety, safe practices, and employee engagement in general.
- Support the Department’s ‘Continuance of Operations Plan’.
- Must be available for occasional on-call after-hours work.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Possess an understanding of industrial engineering concepts, and must be knowledgeable and decisive in consistently applying OSHA standards.
- A self-motivated professional with outstanding time management skills.
- Must be physically, mentally and emotionally capable of conducting independent safety inspections.
- Excellent documentation and writing skills to write legally defensible reports and must be proficient in Microsoft Word.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including speaking with staff at every level of the organization, state and local agencies and NCDOL personnel.
- Ability to analyze problems and make sound recommendations.
- Ability to lead, plan and supervise a team of volunteer employees serving on the Departmental Safety Team.
- Ability to establish good working relationships within General Services and with other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a major in occupational safety, industrial management or technology, industrial engineering, industrial arts, engineering operations, or a closely related curriculum
- 5 years of related experience in occupational safety and health inspections or an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education to perform the duties of the position.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.