Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Senior Financial Analyst / Salt Lake City UT – (JOB-18098). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Techead is looking to bring on a Senior Financial Analyst for a large, enterprise company in Salt Lake City, Utah! As a senior analyst, you’ll have the chance to work with a team that supports a large energy company in the region.
Permanent US residents only; no c/c
- Lead the preparation and review of consolidated financial statements, including disclosures for inclusion in quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Lead the preparation of stand-alone subsidiary financial statements and footnotes.
- Perform research and analysis to assess the impact of changes to accounting, audit and regulatory standards.
- Documenting impacts on accounting policies and disclosures.
- Draft accounting position papers for immediate management review.
- Lead and review the recordation, analysis and reporting of unique transactions and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the design, testing, implementation, upgrade, maintenance and end-user support of accounting-related systems and software applications.
- Support audits of financial statements including responding to auditor requests.
- Lead the preparation of financial statements for the Employee Investment Plan (or 401(k) plan) and assist in preparation of IRS Forms 5500.
- Assist in maintaining compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), including assisting with the annual risk assessment and documentation of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR).
- Support quarterly SOX sub-certification process for entities and their assessment of the sufficiency of internal controls
- Report assessments to immediate management and to parent entity/ public registrant.
- Provide training and leadership to accounting staff
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting and Reporting functions, preferably with a rate-regulated entity
- Working knowledge of GAAP and FERC accounting standards and practices
- Working knowledge of internal controls over financial reporting
- Experience performing month-end close process (preferred)
- Experience training staff (preferred)
- Experience with big-4 accounting firm (preferred)
- SAP accounting system experience (preferred)
- Aptitude for learning and developing new processes
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision-making in planning, organizing and conducting work assignments
- Ability to receive instructions and guidance on unusual or complex problems and know when to get others involved
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required
- CPA Preferred
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.