Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Senior IT Project Manager / Charlotte NC – (JOB-18035). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Senior IT Project Manager
~ Senior level role
~ Hybrid (2 days in office required and 3 days from home)
~ Charlotte, NC
~ 12 month contract
TECHEAD is seeking a Senior IT Project Manager with experience in managing information technology (IT) projects from inception to closure in Charlotte, NC. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a seasoned team working for the Enterprise Project Management Office.
This individual will be responsible for leading multiple medium to large size technology projects of varying complexities and ensuring the project results meet agreed upon scope, budget, schedule, and quality. Additional responsibilities may include coordination with vendors and performing business analysis. May also be responsible for supervising a project coordinator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, plans, coordinates, tracks, and delivers information technology projects of medium to high complexity utilizing client’s established project methodologies/frameworks and processes. Predictive projects are modeled along PMBOK processes and adaptive projects are modeled using a hybrid agile approach.
- Leads the project team and manages performance, identifies project resourcing needs, and facilitates communication to ensure understanding of objectives and assignments and determine progress. Controls the flow of project related information. The client utilizes Microsoft 365 Project Server to manage project schedules and enterprise resources
- Develops and maintains various plans related to the project and schedules. Identifies, monitors, and facilitates resolution of project issues. Proactively identifies, manages, and facilitates resolution of project risks.
- Interacts with business department stakeholders to understand business requirements, help propose solutions, and maintain positive relationships.
- Documents, reviews, and implements project change requests.
- Tracks budget and monitors use of funding allocated to projects.
- Oversee the creation and execution of test plans.
- Documents project scope, deliverables, and implementation approach. Manages all project artifacts/documentation.
- Cooperates with vendors to implement new applications, software, and other features. Assists in negotiating statements of work and service contracts.
- Mentor and advise project managers and coordinators
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Project management methodologies predictive and agile methodologies
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of system life cycles and systems development
- Principles and practices of business analysis
- Principles of business process management
- Systems lifecycles
- MS Project Professional
- Use of Microsoft 365 Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective and appropriate working relationships
- Fiscal knowledge and skills
- Leadership and effective in leading a project team
- Strong customer service skills
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Meet schedules and deadlines of the work
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic files
- Maintain the confidentiality of information and professional boundaries
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Identify risk and issues and identify mitigation strategies
- Ability to effectively manage high stress scenarios
- In addition to minimum qualifications any industry recognized agile certification such as PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is advantageous
- Experience managing network infrastructure, firewall upgrades, major system upgrades and application development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in IT project management
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge, and abilities
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.