Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Senior Server Administrator / Charlotte NC – (JOB-16893). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
TECHEAD is seeking resumes to fill a position for a Senior Server Administrator position in Charlotte, NC. This individual will provide administration expertise for server and VMWare infrastructure supporting the client’s Baggage Handling System.
- Provides administration expertise for server and VMWare infrastructure supporting the client’s baggage handling systems and assigned conveyor systems.
- Ensures high availability and on-going support for server hardware, VMWare virtual servers, and Microsoft Windows servers.
- Troubleshoots to isolate technical/controls issues to ensure the client can effectively and efficiently process baggage.
- Other infrastructure project duties as assigned as needed
- Responsible to provide on-site Baggage Handling System server administration and support
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing and resolving baggage handling system computing and communications problems.
- Coordinate with other departments and offices, contractors, etc. as necessary to achieve a successful outcome.
- Serves as liaison to the Baggage Handling System Operator contractor resources working remote and on-site.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the technologies and systems and troubleshoots issues in conjunction with vendors and maintenance staff.
- Maintains accurate system documentation of the control system and network topology.
- Evaluate current equipment and recommends improvements to the equipment, processes, and system as a whole.
- BS/BA degree in Information Systems or related field and 5 or more years of relevant experience in administering production Microsoft Windows servers and VMWare virtual server environments, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have experience with server administration, high availability system configurations, server backup and restoration management, troubleshooting and system restoration in the event of system outage, and network communications protocols
- Understanding of risk mitigation and high availability for mission-critical systems
- Ability to work on-site to support system and respond to system outages as needed
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.