Senior Software Engineer (C++)
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Senior Software Engineer (C++) / Dam Neck VA – (JOB-18896). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret Clearance is required to start
Location: Dam Neck, VA
Software Engineer, Senior to provide technical leadership and research, design and develop computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product development.
What you’ll be doing
- Provides technical management assistance to a group of software engineers within areas of core technical competency.
- Independently consults with clients to gather information about program needs
- Consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
- Independently formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Independently develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Using experience and judgment, develops and maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to support development or utilization within a system.
What you MUST have to be considered
- Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/electronics engineering, computer/software engineering, computer science, math, physics, or related scientific discipline.
- Ten (10) + years of professional experience in C, C++, C#, Visual Basic and/or other object oriented languages.
- Three (3) of the years of experience working with DoD IA mandatory policies, standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated software development using one or more of these languages under the Unix, Windows, Linux, and/or MS-DOS operating systems.
- Mastery of IAT Level I and IAT Level II CE/NE knowledge and skills with a certification
- Experience with contractual related project/work environment, in providing engineering support to electronic maintenance and modification systems, and in establishing processes/guidelines for electric design.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.