Service Supervisor – Computer Repair
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Full-time position – Service Supervisor – Computer Repair / Richmond VA – (JOB-19338). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Computer Service Supervisor | 19338
On-Site – Richmond, VA
Techead is currently hiring a Service Supervisor to manage the Computer Repair team for one of our IT clients. The ideal candidate will have a passion for leadership and at least 3 years of experience managing a team. The Service Supervisor will manage about 20 technicians while monitoring productivity and profitability via reports. An IT background is preferred but not required for this position.
Our client is a large information technology firm with a national presence in the IT solutions space!
Monday – Friday schedule
Daytime Shift (8 am – 5 pm)
Medical, dental, & vision coverage
Paid time off
Long-term career opportunity
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in supervising all technicians.
- Monitor productivity and profitability via reports.
- Assist all techs with repairs as needed.
- Assist with any escalations at remote branches or special projects.
- Ability to make responsible business decisions.
- Assist all other departments related to tech services.
- Act as support resource for Tech I & II escalations
- Able to apply leadership skills to projects or resources requiring leadership
- Able to assist System Engineers and act in junior/apprentice capacity.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by responding to Service Requests in a timely, accurate, and
- professional manner
- Follows up with customers with call or service request status when status changes (e.g. will be delayed)
- Logs all customer requests and updates calls utilizing the designated call handling and tracking system
- Initiates escalation as deemed appropriate to ensure management awareness of severe problems or calls that are exceeding documented target resolution times
- Assists in technician training
- Assists in customer and analyst training
- Help Desk escalation resource for resolving more complex issues (ie customer sat, hardware, software, network)
- Advanced knowledge of all Customer standard products as defined per engagement
- General knowledge of all non-standard but commonly used products
- Advanced trouble-shooting and resolution skills
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary by manager to meet business requirements.
Desired skills and abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Solid verbal and writing abilities
- Able to interface with customers, vendors, and other internal departments
- Ability to repair tier-one computers and printers
Years of experience:
- Minimum 3 years PC / Printer experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory role preferred
Knowledge / Training and Certifications
- Familiarity with most commercial off the shelf applications. (COTS)
- Familiarity with most commercially available Operating Systems. (Microsoft, Macintosh, Linux)
- Valid driver’s license required
- High school diploma / GED required; college degree preferred
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.