Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Site Responsibility Engineer / Telecommute VA – (JOB-16554). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) – Remote
Techead is looking for a strong Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the Operations Center team, within a large local distribution organization.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to bridge the gap between developers and IT operations who will be dedicated to creating software and improves the reliability of systems in multiple environments, fixing issues, and responding to escalated incidents. The SRE should have a passion for tackling challenges across a spectrum of technologies. This role combines software and systems engineering disciplines with operations to build high-performance, scalable and resilient application systems that adheres to operational standards and principles. SREs are team players who embed themselves within product teams as needed to advance the architecture and performance of software systems and train their peers in topics such as debugging distributed systems, building self-healing applications and continuously improving performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead by example to instill a culture of continuous improvement and optimization among your counterparts
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and optimizing the efficiency of infrastructure as well as the reliability, and scalability of our technology stacks
- Assist in establishing requirements, methods and procedures for routine maintenance
- Build serverless and containerized systems and services within Azure and Oracle environments
- Troubleshoot existing systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develop solutions
- Support the application both infrastructure and software
- Responsible for platform deployments
- Help design, build and maintain configuration management automation and deployment automation with various tool
- Implement monitoring and alerting schemes to detect and notify when performance thresholds are not being met
- Deployment of applications with technologies such as Spring Boot, Kubernetes, Tomcat, Apache, and nginx or others.
- Build auto-scaled systems with Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Ansible.
- Tune server and application-level performance monitoring and alerting
- CI/CD build pipeline with Jenkins and Artifactory
- End to end infrastructure capabilities
- Integrations troubleshooting
- Major Incident Response
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Performance Management
- Provide and maintain system documentation.
- Maintain best practice for OS, network, and application hardening.
- Continual evaluation of processes and technologies we use and suggesting areas for improvement
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Release Engineering
- -Continuous Integration
- -Tools for testing automation
- -Continuous Deployment and zero downtime principles
- -Develop services and tooling that facilitate high quality releases
- Automate and maintain the platforms that run our applications
- -Architected Solutions
- -Reverse proxies, Caching systems, Services
- -Layer 7 networking
- -CDN, DNS, SSL, Load Balancing
- -Cloud Engineering
- -Private, Oracle, Azure, AWS, GCP
- -Automated Infrastructure
- -Terraform, Kubernetes
- -Monitoring and Alerting
- Information Systems Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of software development experience required
- 2-3 years general Application/Systems Administration experience required
- Experience with Azure and Oracle Cloud required
- Experience with AD and Azure AD required
- Experience with Linux Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu CentOS required
- Experience working in a high traffic enterprise environment required
- SSL and certificate management, sSH and RSA, Oauth 2.0, cloud-based storage required
- Experience with Kubernetes required
- Advanced knowledge of web-based, service-oriented applications, and testing tools required
- Understanding of software load balancing, feature switching, service discovery required
- Advanced knowledge with Caching systems and techniques (memcached, Redis, Varnish)
- Advanced experience with CI/CD systems
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating systems CLI
- Understanding of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, web and database servers
- Experienced in server-side scripting languages
- Understanding of Configuration management systems (puppet/chef/etc)
- Proficient with containerization (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Log aggregators (Log Analytics, Splunk, etc)
- Network- Telnet, IP/Ifconfig, Port
- Security (Palo Altos)
- Command Line Languages Powershell, Ansible, Bash, etc Git
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed