Software Engineer for Embedded Development
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Full-time position – Software Engineer for Embedded Development / Telecommute VA – (JOB-18886). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Software Engineer for Embedded Development
– Direct Hire Position
– Fully Remote
– MUST live in the US & must be a US Citizen/Green card
– Can NOT work C2C
Our Client is a prime mover in intelligent traffic management solutions.
They wish to create sustainable smart cities where people and goods safely and efficiently move through traffic infrastructure. Their software engineers work on cutting-edge projects using innovative ideas that have been created by collaborating with their colleagues. Software development is critical to our Client and the
success of their customers.
The ideal candidate will have a focus on quality, performance, consistency, and time to-market.
• Excellent knowledge on Modern C++ with 5 years of experience
• Knowledge on Python with 2 years of experience
• Experience with distributed applications
• Experience with memory/resource constraint environment and embedded systems application development
• Familiarity with GCC tool chain
• Understanding of message broker architecture; clear concept on pub/sub, request/response, polling, caching, sync/async, etc.
• Good understanding of API level design. Be able to design and develop APIs.
• Be able to debug and troubleshoot C++ applications end-to-end.
• Experience with Redis, Lua, Nginx, Rest API, Docker
• C-make experience is a plus
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
• Exposure to Traffic domain (Intelligent Transportation Systems)
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows OS
• Clear communicator, be able to prioritize, estimate, break-down, and implement tasks
• Able to think abstractly and conceptualize solutions before implementation
• Able to come up with tactics to tackle ambiguous problems
• Supports design, development, implementation, and maintenance of software programming applications on embedded systems.
• Completes most development activities independently.
• Works on complicated tasks that may require an in-depth level of engineering knowledge.
• Has extensive knowledge in software programming concepts, practices, and procedures and knows when and how to apply them to their work.
• Understands the programming language they are working in to design and refactor for performance and scalability.
• Relies on experience and judgment when estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating work.
• Able to break down work into consumable tasks and identify how much work is required to complete the tasks.
• Conducts code reviews in a timely manner and identifies discrepancies in logic pertaining to the task at hand.
• Documents supporting installation instructions and basic user operations and troubleshooting
• Supports system configuration along with supports application deployments inclusive of occasional after-hours assistance.
• Actively participates and leads by example in organization’s software development processes and test strategies.
• Recognizes software programming problems/issues and provides solutions for review by manager.
• Executes work efficiently and meets agreed deadlines.
• Takes direction and both positive and critical feedback in a constructive manner.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.