Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Sr. Communications and Outreach Manager / Alexandria VA – (JOB-16154). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Senior Communications & Outreach Manager | 16154
Onsite post-Covid in Alexandria, VA
Techead is working with an established, mid-size, digital agency to help them find a dynamic Senior Communications and Outreach Manager.
The ideal candidate will sit onsite at the client location in Alexandria, VA, and be responsible for driving and leading high-level outreach and communications strategy and support for a fast-paced, high-visibility client in the public sector.
Position may require flexible hours (for example, later finish times daily, and attendance at client activities and events)
- You have advanced knowledge of different communications channels and activities and how they can be used to support the achievement of an organizations strategic goals
- Possess solid experience developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and plans, including setting targets and monitoring and evaluating activities that span multiple outlets such as print, web, and social media
- Have led cross-organizational communications projects and processes that effectively engage staff, including developing new approaches
- Are able to work independently and as part of a team, displaying strong initiative in solving day-to-day problems with limited direction
- Develops and implements a comprehensive communications strategy to support the clients mission, including a dynamic web presence, active social media, impactful public and professional events, and continuously improving communication among the clients partners and constituencies
- Collaborates consistently and productively with the creative team to deliver high-quality, on-time marketing solutions
- Participates in the planning and implementation of client activities and events
- Serves as the primary leader of the full Communications and Outreach team, managing one direct report
- Works closely with program main points of contact on a daily basis
- Determines outreach and communications strategies and priorities related to the clients initiatives, working with subject matter experts and other internal and external partners
- Coordinates with subject matter experts to ensure that key research, policy papers, and public remarks are effectively promoted to the media and other audiences
- Establishes regular cross-departmental communications to ensure consistency in priorities and messaging
- Writes, or assists with writing, news releases, statements, advisories, op-eds, website content, and other external communications materials
- Works with digital communications staff to develop innovative content strategies
- Coordinates with grassroots and community engagement subject matter experts to budget, plan and execute event materials and resources
- Monitors web communications and advises digital communications staff to ensure that external websites stay up to date on key issues
- Works with the clients internal team to effectively leverage social media as a way to engage media and ensure relevant and timely publication of client programs and initiatives
- Directs activities, manages contractors and consultants as applicable, and leads multifunctional teams as needed to ensure successful completion of projects
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing and leading a team
- Communications expertise and the ability to coordinate among various partners and constituencies are essential
- Experience in a public-facing or government program is preferred Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Experience with management of social media platforms and email automation platforms (e.g., Mailchimp) is preferred
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed