Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract-To-Hire position – Sr. Communications Network Engineer / Norfolk Virginia – (JOB-14058). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
This position will be onsite in Norfolk, Virginia.
6-month contract to hire.
Candidates must have an active Secret Clearance.
- Provide administrative support for the Enterprise Users on Network Management Systems.
- Maintain current hostname list on the NMS server.
- Assisting in Quarterly Password update for NOC managed networks devices.
- Troubleshoot all NMS related issues on all NMS servers and network devices as assigned by NOC Manager or Designee.
- Update and resolve incident tickets that are assigned to NMS.
- Participate on required conference calls for all NMS matters.
- Perform escalation as required for assigned NMS outages.
- Troubleshoot SNMP traps reported by Network Technicians.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience in related field.
- Cisco CCNA and/or Sun Solaris SCSA a plus.
- Certified in accordance with DODD 8570.1 Information Assurance Technician II. Sec+ or CCNA Security required.
- 10+ years experience that includes operational support, hands-on implementing and configuration of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, IPS, VPN, desktop computers, and cabling in a large LAN/BAN/MAN/WAN environment.
- Knowledge of trouble ticketing software (HP Service Manager) and network monitoring solutions (NetView, HP NNMi, HP OM; TACACS Plus and HPNA).
- Previous experience working on DoD bases/sites, including previous military service highly desirable.
- Experience with Perl and Expect language a plus.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.
Apply with Github Apply with Linkedin Apply with Indeed