Sr Principal, Software Engineering
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Sr Principal, Software Engineering / Telecommute DC – (JOB-18803). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Full-time | Direct Hire
Remote (East Coast Hours)
Techead has partnered with a digital solutions and data transformation client that supports US government missions to help them hire a full-time, Sr. Principal – Software Engineering.
As a Sr. Principal, Software Engineering, you’ll work with a team to design and develop an enterprise-wide data dissemination platform for one of the largest data agencies in the nation.
- 15+ years (10 years minimum) leading and managing software engineering teams
- Experience leading cross-functional software development teams for front-end, middle-tier, and back-end development activities as well as infrastructure and networking components
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps/DevSecOps concepts and tools, including DevOps architectures, tools, and maturity models.
- Knowledge of infrastructure engineering concepts including on-premise, cloud, and hybrid deployment models (AWS preferred).
- Knowledge of configuration management techniques and tools, including environment management, infrastructure-as-code, and container-based deployment models.
- Knowledge of release management techniques and tools, including versioning, issue/story management software, and dependency management.
- Knowledge and experience with the following technologies: Java, Node.js, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana platform, Oracle DBMS, and Apache Tomcat.
- Working knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Demonstrated experience in conducting code reviews and coaching software development teams on software development best practices
- Experience in establishing processes and procedures as well as producing software development technical artifacts
- Experience in the interpretation and implementation of Federally mandated policies, procedures, and other directives to assist in meeting agency compliance requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- You’ll be the leading voice of the technical teams for the development, modernization, and enhancements of mission-critical software applications.
- You’ll develop, implement and promote SDLC best practices and processes to execute efficient SDLC
- You’ll assist in the development of policies and procedures for configuration management, release management, and performance management (e.g., root cause analysis, issue, and problem management, and escalation procedures).
- You’ll assist in the development and assessment of service level agreements for IT engineering services to support continuous improvements.
- You’ll interact with a cross-functional team of business analysts, developers, testers, scrum masters, and product owners to design, develop, and implement features and capabilities.
- You’ll identify and communicate risks, issues, and dependencies to your team as well as the program and mitigate them in a timely manner.
- You’ll develop, cultivate, and manage customer relationships.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.