Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Systems Analyst / Richmond VA – (JOB-18186). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
Techead is seeking a Systems Analyst for a One year contract in Richmond, VA. This role will require some OT and “on call.”
- The analyst position will primarily be supporting our Business Clients as well as other IT clients of interfacing applications.
- It requires the individual to be detail oriented, experienced in IT application maintenance & daily operation processes, planning, strategizing work with team members, understanding risk and evaluation, coordinating, leading, managing and prioritizing tasks.
- The analyst will be required to support our existing Outage Management application as well as defining requirements for application enhancements and upgrades.
- The position requires writing creating/modify technical specifications.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the ability to perform analysis on a multi-platform system. The analyst should have experience in the design and programming of an application.
- Experience with message-oriented middleware is desired. The candidate must be willing to work in a fast pace environment and support on call as needed.
- Works independently on the most complex projects, at the highest technical level, of all phases of applications systems analysis activities.
- Formulates or defines system scope and objectives, based on user needs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems, considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
- Works with multiple business units, in multi-platform environments, on multi-project assignments.
- Experience operating independently and closely with Business Customers as a Systems Analyst; helping lead programs involving Information Technology solutions both legacy as well as new.
- Experience in systems analysis
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and to influence and impact others.
- Demonstrated ability to create a network of relevant individuals to solve operational problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Candidate must be able to work in a cross disciplinary, fast paced environment.
- Experience creating technical documentation, including systems analysis and design documents
- Experience with SQL, including writing and troubleshooting queries and procedures
- Experience with application and systems integrations – Experience creating technical documentation, including systems analysis, design and testing documents –
- Working with mission critical applications
- Working with applications with multiple interfaces
- Ability to conduct meetings directly with clients as needed.
– Experience with COBOL Mainframe development
– Experience with DB2 SQL
– Experience with MQ integrations
– Experience with Linux and Windows servers Education
- Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education: Bachelor , Other Education: Business, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics
- Overtime required
- Candidate will be required to support a production system so after hours production support is required but we try to keep it to 40 hours.
- Will be on call once every 2 months or so. Under general supervision, this fully competent role formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.