Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Direct Hire position – Tech Writer, Principal / Norfolk VA – (JOB-18601). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Techead has an immediate opportunity for a Tech Writer to develop, review and maintain technical manuals and other technical data for technical adequacy and accuracy. Perform Technical Manual Maintenance Activity functions as required. Possess advanced knowledge in word processing software, including MS Word, Excel, Visio, HTML Tagging, Interleaf Publisher, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Framemaker, and experience with SVG Files.
Position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates layout and format of documentation, creates tables, flow charts, and diagrams for inclusion in documentation.
- Maintains computer-based document filing system designed to ensure efficient storage, retrieval, or revision of existing documents.
- Researches, develops, writes, revises, and edits content for printed and electronic manuals, documentation, and supporting materials.
Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, or similar field preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree in a graphic arts discipline or a related discipline may be substituted for two (2) years of the professional experience.
- High School Diploma and three (3) years of full-time professional experience writing operational/maintenance/installation data documentation using standard military practices.
- Ten (10) + years of technical writing experience.
- Review and edit equipment technical manuals (TMs), electronic technical manuals (ETMs), and interactive electronic technical manuals (IETMs) for technical accuracy and adequacy requirements.
This support requires knowledge and understanding of:
- MBPS, MIL-DTL-24784C (NAVY)
- MIL-DTL-24784C/22 (NAVY)
- PEO IWS 2RI Re-engineered IETM Process, and applicable TMCR/TMSR requirements.
- A thorough understanding of XML tagging guidelines and Arbortext Epic Editor Software Version 5.4 or higher are required for updating IETMs.
- An understanding of Interleaf Software Version 7/Quicksilver is required for updating TMs/ETMs.
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.