Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Unix/Linux Systems Administrator / Richmond VA – (JOB-18919). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
You can find more about our team and values by checking us out at TECHEAD.com or on Glassdoor
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Contract to hire potential
Hybrid – In office
Richmond, VA location (ideal) Open to NYC branch
Must be US Citizen
Top Must Have Skills:
- 5+ yrs experience of RedHat administration and troubleshooting.
- Scripting language such as Python, shell, and Ansible.
- Red Hat Satellite, RHEV-M.
- Hands-on knowledge of Logical Volume Manager (LVM).
- Demonstrated understanding of system security best practices.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IBM WebSphere administration.
- Working knowledge of IBM MQ administration.
- Working knowledge of Oracle 12c/19c database.
- Familiarity of JBOSS.
- Knowledge of Tomcat webserver.
- Knowledge of Networking and SAN principles.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of ServiceNow.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Splunk.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Services
- Deploy and administer high availability and contingency solutions (On -site failover, clustering, and replication to off-site systems).
- Support a team that provides 24×7 support.
- Support Markets applications deployments and testing for both weekday and weekend code deployments.
- Support Markets application problem resolution.
- Administer enterprise monitoring of server performance, availability, and security.
- Knowledge of system backup and recovery solutions.
- Provide administration support for middleware such as WebSphere, MQ, and JBOSS on servers that reside on Markets servers.
- Interact with InfoSec and Audit teams to ensure that the Markets systems are properly maintained, administered, secured solutions if needed.
- Support Development, QA, Production, and Contingency tests.
- Participate in Markets project teams and provide technical expertise/guidance to the Markets business teams about available technical solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.