Always Connecting, Always Evolving.
TECHEAD is seeking qualified applicants for the following Contract position – Sr. LAN Engineer / Richmond VA – (JOB-19775). If you are looking for a new opportunity and this position looks to be a fit, please apply to see the TECHEAD difference that has made us successful for 30+ years!
The Senior Lan Engineer will provide support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory, Windows-based, and VMWare centric systems across the entire state of Virginia. The core infrastructure technology duties include enterprise Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Certificate Services, VMWare, Azure Authentication, policy configuration, and top-level support for enterprise-wide initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure systems adherence and compliance with our Client’s security standards and practices.
• Perform root cause analysis and repair of technical issues and trends to include assisting team members as needed.
• Document, update, and manage tickets within the courts ticketing systems AIMS, Jira, and ServiceNow.
• Ensure system outages are communicated to all designated stakeholders using established procedures.
• Enterprise-level support for Active Directory for global initiatives following those through to implementation via collaboration with project and support teams.
• Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery everywhere possible.
• Perform Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management for directory services environment.
• Serves as escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application, or system problems.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
• Install, configure, and maintain Active Directory and third-party software utilities for hardware systems within company operational guidelines.
• Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps.
• Improve existing processes through solutions to recurring problems and enhancements to existing solutions or documentation.
• Applies new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives.
• Provide training as required.
• Active Directory architecture and management
• Expert knowledge in creating, administering, and troubleshooting Group Policies (GPOs)
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), SAML, SSO
• PKI, PIV cards, Smart Cards
• Windows Certificates Services Management
• Distributed File System including both DFS-N, and DFS-R
• Windows Server Operating Systems (2012 R2 to 2022)
• Azure Active Directory and Azure AD Connect
• Azure AD Single Sign-on (SSO) federated authentication and enterprise application
• Develops security standards and controls per DISA STIGS and CISA requirements
• Office 365 Administration
• VMware vSphere and Hyper-V Virtualization
• Scripting Experience: PowerShell and VBScript
• Windows Failover Clustering
• Windows file shares and security administration
• Windows Web Server
• Ability to solve complex hardware and software issues.
• Ability to travel and work after hours when necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and proven written and verbal communication skills.
• Organized and capable of working in a fast paced, team driven environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology.
• 5+ years of Windows Server/AD experience, preferred.
• 3+ years of SharePoint/O365 advanced experience
• 2+ years of Azure and Process Automation
• CompTIA Network+
• CompTIA Security+
• Microsoft Azure
• Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
• Microsoft MCSA – SharePoint, O365, Windows Server, Exchange.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert(MCSE)
TECHEAD’s mission is to make our on-site associates successful by placing them in the right environment so they can grow and prosper. How we treat and respond to our clients and employees is a reflection of who we are and makes us stand out from the rest. Keeping our business focused on building and maintaining relationships with our employees and clients is the key to our success. We won’t strive for anything less.
TECHEAD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
For more information on TECHEAD please visit www.techead.com.
No second parties will be accepted.